Long-Distance Movers Iron Mountain, Michigan
For over 80 years, Guindon Moving & Storage has provided endless support in the way of knowledge, expertise and trustworthiness to all those living within Michigan’s Upper Peninsula. We provide long-distance moving services for those looking to move residentially or commercially.
Packing, moving and handling a move on your own is time-consuming and stressful. With the right team on your side, Guindon can take the guesswork and complications out of the equation so you can focus on the details. Our expert movers and packers are dedicated and equipped with the right resources to help you transition into your new home. When you require long-distance movers, contact our move coordinator to help facilitate your interstate needs.
Understanding Long-Distance Estimates
Our affordable rates and quality customer services make us the ideal choice for your long-distance moving needs. When you contact our office, we will send out a representative to assess which of our services you require. You show us what you want us to move. Tell us to where and on what date you’d the move to occur and together, you and our representative will create a custom home estimate for your upcoming move. Below, we have listed factors that may determine your final moving price:
- Weight of your belongings. The amount of items you need to move will affect two things: (1) load & unload time and (2) the size truck required to move your belongings.
- Distance between origin & destination. Mileage between point A and B may affect the final price of a full-service move.
- Labor costs. Oftentimes, an hourly labor rate may be applied, but this can vary from state-to-state. Interstate moves generally include the cost of labor in their estimate.
- Packing costs. If you require assistance unpacking and packing your items, moving companies will include the cost of packing services on the estimate, as well as the cost to assemble and/or disassemble any furniture.
- Liability and coverage costs. Movers should include valuation coverage options for any damaged or lost items, including reimbursement options. Talk to your movers for more information regarding these plans.
- Warehouse storage. If you need a moving company to temporarily store your belongings before, during or after your move, this cost will be factored into your final moving price. Storage rates will vary, so be sure to ask your mover about their rates before you decide.
How Do I Choose the Best Long-Distance Movers?
With numerous moving companies to choose from, we know the decision to move can be a bit overwhelming. Fortunately, with our informative checklist below, you can be sure that the moving company you choose is both reliable and credible enough to assist you with your next move:
- Get Referrals: It’s easy to Google “long distance movers near me”, but you’ll receive more accurate results if you ask your friends and family whom they used for the most recent move. Additionally, check out a moving company’s Google reviews for more insight.
- Red Flag Warnings: Most reputable moving companies won’t ask for cash advancements before your move. If the movers seem too money-hungry, they may not be the right ones for you. Be sure to research your movers and ensure they have the proper accreditation and certificates to move others.
- Fully Licensed & Insured: Verify your mover’s license through FMCA’s www.protectyourmove.gov and request their US DOT number. Ours is: 70719
- Agents Nationwide: As a Wheaton World Wide Moving agent, we give you access to over 400 agents nationwide. You can be sure you’re in good hands.
Now that we know the costs that can be estimated and how they factor into the final estimate price, simply contact our office, and a moving representative will reach out and handle any further questions you may have about your next move.
For more information about how Guindon Moving & Storage can help you with your next move, fill out our free estimate form or phone us at: (800) 628-0927 to get your move started today!